Admissions and Records

1. What are the admissions requirements?

Any person who is a high school graduate or equivalent thereof, or who is eighteen years of age or older and who can profit from the instruction, is eligible to apply for admission to Contra Costa College.

1. How do I apply for admission to Contra Costa College?

We encourage students to use our online admission application system via CCCApply; however if you do not have internet access, you may pick up a paper application in the Welcome Center within the Student Services Center.

1. How much does it cost to apply for admissions?

Contra Costa College does not charge an admissions fee.

1. How old do you have to be to attend Contra Costa College?

You are eligible to attend Contra Costa College if you are a high school graduate or equivalent, or eighteen years of age or older. If you are still attending high school, you may be eligible for admission as a concurrent student. For more information on this program, click here.

1. Do I have to apply for admission each semester?

No. Students who are enrolled for the current term are considered continuing students and even have priority registration privileges for the following registration period if when they were new students they completed the requirement for the Student Success Program (SSSP).

1. It has been more than a year since I took classes at Contra Costa College. Do I need to reapply?

Yes. If it has been more than one year since you last attended Contra Costa College, you are considered a returning student. You must complete an Application for Admission via the CCCApply website before you can take another class.

1. What happens after I submit my application?

After applying for admission via CCCApply, allow 24 hours for processing your application before attempting to register. If you apply in person or by mail, then allow 3-5 business days for processing before attempting to register. Once your application has been processed, you will receive an email with your student ID, WebAdvisor login information, and instructions for accessing your InSite Portal email. Once you receive this email, all future correspondence will be sent to your InSite Portal email address. The InSite Portal email is the primary method of communication.

1. What is my Student ID Number? What is my Username?

Your Student ID is used to access services on campus and are also used to log in to the online registration system, WebAdvisor. Your username is the first initial and last name plus the last 3 digits of your student ID number. Your username and password is what you use to login to WebAdvisor. If you forgot your username, click here to answer questions to obtain your username, or call the helpdesk at 925-229-6888.

1. What if I forgot my password?

Your password is initially set as your six digit date of birth (MM/DD/YY). When you log in for the first time, you will be required to reset your password. If you forget your new password after you changed it from your date of birth, click here to reset your password, or call the helpdesk at 925-229-6888.

1. How can I get a class schedule?

Class schedules are available for viewing each semester on our website. A limited supply is also available at the bookstore on campus. You can also print a copy of the schedule from the website which is in PDF format.

1. How can I get a college catalog?

You can download the college catalog as a PDF file from our website. You may also purchase copies from the campus bookstore.

1. How can I browse a class schedule online?

Click here to browse the schedule of classes online.

1. How do I register for classes at Contra Costa College?

After applying for admission via CCCApply, you can register for classes using WebAdvisor on or after your assigned registration date. Be sure to pay fees online, by mail, or in-person within 10 days after registration.

1. Where can I find the course descriptions online?

Course descriptions are found in our catalog.

1. Is there a website for the bookstore?

Yes. You can visit the online bookstore to get the right textbooks, right now. Order your class schedules, catalogs, and textbooks online today. It’s the easiest way to ensure you get what you need. Check out the CCC Bookstore website.

1. How much does it cost to attend Contra Costa College?

Fees and tuition are determined primarily by residency. Please visit the Student Fees and Tuition page for information about cost of attendance.

1. What are your residency requirements?

In determining tuition and enrollment fees, students fall under two categories: Residents and Non-Residents. Please visit the Residency Information page for detailed information about residency.

1. What are the admissions requirements for International students?

Contra Costa College is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. International students with an F-1 visa can review information on admission and eligibility requirements at the International Students website.

1. How do I request transcripts?

Please visit the Admissions and Records “How to Page” for detailed information about ordering official transcripts.

1. How can I get my grades?

Students may see their grades when they are available by logging into their online account on WebAdvisor.

1. Can I get help choosing a major?

Yes, counselors assist students with selection of courses in which they can succeed and which lead them toward their goals. Courses considered are based upon the student’s assessed skills, their selected career and/or the institution to which they plan to transfer. Visit our Counseling website for more information.

1. Do I have to pay for parking?

Contra Costa College offers a student parking permit to allow parking in student parking lots and on roads on campus.  You may purchase a $40 per semester for a car and during the summer $25 per semester for a motorcycle or a car.  Daily Parking permits may also be purchased for $3.00 each day.  Fees are subject to change at any time.  Parking permits are not needed from 5pm Friday evening through Sunday.

1. What do I do if I have a disability and need an accommodation?

Contra Costa College is ADA compliant.  If you have special needs, please contact our Disabled Students’ Programs and Services (DSPS) department at (510) 215-3969.